Friday, July 24, 2009

23km

Only 6 km to go! One of my happiest moments ever

Getting pumped with kellen before the run

8 km mark...still looking pretty fresh

we did plenty of touristy stuff too

I am not a runner. I'm not good at it, I would much rather participate in sports or ride a bike for fitness but I still agreed to run a half marathon. My thought being that this would give me motivation to stay in shape during the semester and what better way to see the Great Ocean Road other than running in! Yea maybe not the best of my ideas, but I still did it. Me and an American friend (Kellen) from Queens ran a steady slow jog (only stopping for the occasional koalas in trees and water stations) completed it in just under 2:30:00. We decided to dress up for the run because if people saw us decked in ridiculously clothing then they wouldn't take us seriously because we thought we were going to be at the back of the pack. We stayed with a friend and her family who live on the great ocean road, ate a great meal before hand, checked out their family surf shop and shared many laughs. Note: I'm never running a marathon again.

No comments: