Saturday, July 12, 2008

Over 30 hours of Travel

July 6th has finally arrived. My family and I left Cambria for San Francisco Airport around 1:00pm inorder to catch my 10:40pm plane to Sydney. After the well known trip up the 101, my last dinner in America and lots of hugs goodbye, it was time to go though security, buy a bottle of water and step onto that plane.

Turns out that I sat in row 75, seat G. That's right the last row on the plane, the closest seat to the bathroom. I was so packed in there that my seat didn't even lay back as far as the other thousands of seats. At least the sounds of the constant flush and continually opening and closing of the bathroom doors sung me to sleep. ya right.

I decided to study abroad with a private group called Australearn. They basically help with the process and give you important information and tips about how to survive this country. An Orientation for Australearn took place in Cairns a few days before my University orientation in Brisbane. Turns out there were about 120 students from all over the United States (I think I was about 1 of 10 from California).

Anyways this international flight was filled with all 120 of us and 2 other similar college aged groups of equal size if not bigger. Even though the plane did quite down after a while and everyone went to sleep, lets just say I felt bad for the two or three couples that were just flying for personal needs.

I arrived in Sydney. Spent a 3 hour layover plus an hour and a half delay time on the plane before takeoff. Flew the 3 hours from Sydney to Cairns and finally arrived to our hostel 30 hours after I left Cambria. Wow we Australearn people were ready for a shower...and needed one.

1 comment:

Boughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.