Thursday, April 2, 2009

Carlton vs Richmond





Field trip to the game! That's right, we "had" to miss class that day and instead go to the MCG to watch Melbourne's greatest sport, footy. The southern state of Victoria has 10 teams (8 of them being practically in Melbourne), and then Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide each have 1. Trust me, Aussie's in Victoria LOVE this sport. They will talk to you for ages about anything and everything football and they insist that you pick a team to barrack. I couldn't make up my mind and I currently go for three teams - The Carlton Blues because Queen's college is in the Carlton district, the Brisbane Lions because I lived there last semester and also Geelong Cats because they're expected to win the grand final this year. Don't worry, Carlton smashed Richmond that night and even injured Richmond's best player. Yes!
  

No comments: